What’s MercariReturn Policy?
All sale on Mercari are final, which means Mercari doesn’t accept return; however, few exceptions are listed below under Buyer Protection Guarantee. Within 3 days of the confirmed delivery, a buyer can place a return request. The exceptions are listed below:-
- If an item is not as it described in the listing
- If an item is potentially counterfeit
- If an item is Prohibited
- If an item is damaged
- If the item is defective
- If the wrong item was received
Please don’t submit a rating, if you placed a return request because rating submission will complete the transaction and invalid your return request.
But if there is no agreement between buyer and seller, then the item will not be returned because its not fitted and not order if otherwise correctly described in the listing.
On Approved, Mercari’s provide a prepaid and addressed shipping label to return the item to the seller.
Payment will be return in the original form of the payment method as it is done by the buyer’s when tracking confirms that the item is in transit.
For low-priced items, the seller doesn’t require a refund. On another side, the buyer will get the Mercari Credits instead of issuing a refund in the original payment method. However, for higher price items, the refund is done post confirmation on tracking that the item is in transit, and payment is refunded in the original payment method.
Mercari’s advice both buyer and seller to avoid excessive returns, when the seller is doing a listing of his item, he must be giving complete details as possible. The buyer will read the listing before placing the order so that excessive returns must be avoided.
Frequently Asked Question:-
✅Can Mercari’s give Money Back Guarantee?
- if any item that you received is not as per the listing, Mercari’s issued refunded to you.
- Mercari has not released payment to the seller until the item is delivered to the buyers, and buyers confirm that the item received is as per specified in the listing. Buyers have to apply for the refund within 3 days of the confirmed delivery if an item received is not as specified in the listing.
✅How Do Returns Work?
Return request is placed within 3 days of the receipt of the item. All sales are final after 3 days and post rating of the seller.
Any item is eligible for return if the item meets the following condition:-
- If you received an item that is not as per listing specification
- If the seller sends a damaged item which is not disclosed in the listing
- If the seller not shipped the item within the time frame
- If the wrong item is shipped
Any item is not eligible for return or refund for any one of the following reason:-
- Any item you have purchase is well specified in the listing.
- Post purchased, you thing that the item is not fit for you, and your mind has changed.
- If the return request is placed post three days of the receipts and after the seller rating.
✅What to do if received an item that wasn’t as described in the listing?
- If you received an item that not described in the listing, don’t rate the seller and process the return through the app within 3 days of delivery.
✅Does Mercari accept a Return?
- Mercari accepts return within 3 days of the confirmed delivery. The buyer has to confirm that the item is specified as per listing and rat the seller.
- If buyer fell that the item is not as described in the listing and your place a return request.
✅Can I return an item on my own?
- No, you have to return an item to Mercari so that they will ensure that item meets the conditions as per Mercaris return policy.
- If you return an item directly to the seller, then Mercari can’t protect returning items on your own.
✅ Who pays for returns on Mercari?
- Mercari issued a refund if the return is approved.post confirmation of tracking that the item is in transit.
✅What happens if you get scammed on Mercari?
- No single scam is associated with Mercari. They will hold the seller’s payment until the item is delivered to the buyer and buyer, rate the seller or post three days of the confirmed delivery.
✅How long does it take Mercari to refund?
- Generally, it will take 5 days to process the refund.
✅Can I trust Mercari?
- Mercari itself is an entirely legitimate and reliable e-commerce marketplace.
✅What happens if the buyer doesn’t receive an item?
- If a buyer doesn’t receive their item, you will get the refund or provide you with tracking details.
Related Buyers Guide :